April 1, 2020
- We are currently open at this time and are operating with our normal business hours. However, this may change depending on advisement from the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- We are instituting new social distancing protocols. The majority of client communications will now be done over the phone.
- If you feel ill, have a fever of 99.0F or higher, cough/runny nose, etc. please call us to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- If you are coming for an appointment, please call our office when you arrive in our parking lot and we will come out and get either your fur baby and/or you. (We are trying to limit the exposure in our lobby and to the staff).
- If any refills are needed (medications or food orders), please call us 1 week prior to running out. Also, depending on the medication, we may be able to fill up to a 3 month supply if needed. We are able to take your payments over the phone and will bring your purchase to you car side.
AT THIS TIME, WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT TAKING WALK-INS
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE AND WE WILL ARRANGE FOR YOUR PET TO BE SEEN
PRACTICE GOOD HYGINE
- NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
- Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc.
- Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
- Open doors with your closed fist or hip – do not grasp the handle with your hand unless there is no other way to open the door. This is especially important on bathroom and office/commercial doors.
- Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
- Wash hands with soap for 20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
- If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to.