Why should you choose an American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited practice?
Choosing an AAHA accredited hospital for your pet’s medical care assures you that the hospital you have selected has the team, equipment, medical procedures and facilities that AAHA believes are important for the delivery of high quality veterinary care.
- AAHA was founded in 1933
- It is the only professional association that provides accreditation for veterinary hospitals after performing an on-site evaluation
- There are only 3,000 AAHA accredited hospitals in the United States and Canada out of about 30,000 total hospitals
- AAHA standards of accreditation cover every aspect of a hospital to assure satisfaction with the level of care both your pet and you receive
- To be accredited by AAHA a hospital must demonstrate an exceptional level of medical care and client service
- There are approximately 900 standards set by AAHA that directly correlate to the care a hospital provides your pet for that hospital to be accredited
- AAHA Standards of Accreditation are widely used as benchmarks in the profession to measure excellence in veterinary medicine, view a summary of the standards